Painting has a number of factors that must be considered before a price can be proposed. Slapping one coat of any old paint on all of your homes surfaces, in one colour and sheen is a far cry from the process of which it takes to achieve a beautiful looking home which is going to last and look great for years to come.
Here are some of the factors that need to be considered to price a paint job…
- How big is the home
- What parts/sections or surfaces are you looking to have painted
- Is there difficult access areas
- What is the current condition of the paintwork
- What is the current condition of the underlying surface
- What repairs need to be undertaken
- Is there water/mould/stains
- Which paint products were previously used
- What does the paintwork need to withstand
- Which products need to be specified
- What condition would you like the paintwork to be in
- Is the property susceptible to mould/damp
- Colour choices
- Sheen choices
- Product choices
- Is the house occupied or not
- And more…
As you can see there is a lot to consider when refinishing a homes paintwork.
Here’s an idea of some common price points.
These prices include painting ceilings, walls, doors and trim that are in fair condition.
A standard bedroom – $400 – $700
A standard apartment – $3,000 – $6,000
A standard house – $5,000 – $10,000
Again these prices can vary widely, higher and lower, based on what needs to be done.